The latest Curvy Shrine website and project news is posted on this page. Development updates are posted here.
January 2018 update
Published on: January 12, 2018
First I’d like to wish everyone a happy 2018! I hope you had a great Christmas and new year’s celebrations.
It’s been roughly three weeks ago that I converted the site to WordPress (see the previous news update) and since that time I’ve been adding new features and tweaking existing ones. Here is a list of the additions and tweaks:
- Topic and section pages now show the emblem (discussed on the About Curvy Shrine page) they belong to. Some pages such as the new Help and Search pages do not yet have an emblem.
- In-site links should now show the section text they belong to when you click on them. Previously their headings would not show.
- Navigation menu icon now has text underneath it (reflected also in the Navigation page).
- Spacing between page elements should now be roughly the same for every element.
- Various code tweaks for mobile visitors.
- Various code optimizations.
Right now the site is in the shape I wanted it to be before adding new content to it. In the coming days and weeks I will be adding new articles, some of which I’ve mentioned in the previous news update.
Tonight I’m working on adding new links to the BBW chat rooms page and some other pages.
Thanks for stopping by and reading this and until next time!
December 2017 update
Published on: December 23, 2017
The curvyshrine.com website once again is powered by WordPress. I originally built this new designed website using static HTML pages to avoid having to abide by the annoying Cookie law, and it has run like that on this domain since I launched it on November 8, last year. Maintaining that static website was a cumbersome and time-consuming task, which has – as I have come to realize – really taken the fun out of maintaining the site. However, I recently discovered WordPress can be used as a CMS (Content Management System) without setting cookies in the visitor’s browser if certain conditions are met. So last Thursday I started to convert the site to WordPress and an afternoon later I had the backend integration running with the design. The rest of the day, Friday, and today (Saturday) I’ve been tweaking and optimizing the code and the design.
Last month and this month I’ve also been working on finishing some draft articles and writing some new ones as well. The plan is to release these soon (although you never know with me, lol). Here is a sneak peak at some of the titles of those articles:
- What is a Fat Admirer?
- Why the term ‘Fat Admirer’ is a misnomer
- What is it like for a plus-size woman to be with a Fat Admirer?
- What is the difference between plus-size, BBW, SSBBW, and other size terms?
- How I built my self-esteem
Note: The above titles are tentative.
I really want to focus more on writing for the Admiration topic, as that is something that is currently very much lacking on the site. In the past, to just get content on the site, I focused mainly on interviews and linking to other websites, while basically ignoring that which has made the YouTube channel so popular. But the plan is to finally start adding articles to do with admiration as well (which I will make a begin with adding the above mentioned articles). And, contrary to the YouTube channel, I will be more, much more specific about things. Stay tuned for updates in 2018!
I’m wishing everyone a merry Christmas and I hope you have a fantastic celebration of new year’s eve as well!
Older news purged
Published on: December 23, 2017
News prior to the date of the first article above has been purged to maintain overview of this page.